Standing with Israel
Monthly Archives: October 2011
Click here to provide appropriate mood music for what you’re about to read.
Beyond it is another dimension.
You’re moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas: – Allah transforming Jews into apes and pigs.
You’ve just crossed over into … The Shariah Zone
With apologies to Rod Serling and the Twilight Zone
Much of Europe has already walked through that door, misled by leftists and taqiyya-meisters who promised a sunny new day of “multi-culturalism” and “tolerance”. Instead, Danes, Brits, Germans, Belgians, French and Spaniards are groping around in a darkness from which they may never emerge. Parts of their major cities are now Shariah-controlled zones, patrolled by Islamic “religious police”. Not content with that, groups such as Call To Islam (Denmark), Muslims Against the Crusades (Britain) and Sharia4Belgium have announced their intention of imposing Shariah on their entire host country (last time I checked, an entity that derives its existence from sucking the life of a host is called a parasite). The parasites are succeeding. Soeren Kern in his article, Europe: “You Are Entering a Sharia Controlled Zone”, reports that in France, Islamic Sharia law is rapidly displacing French civil law in many parts of suburban Paris. This is just the tip of the iceberg.
Iranian-American writer and political analyst, Amil Imani, writes that “Islam certainly has taken on a predominant role in Europe. It has become so prominent there that the most senior judge in England has blessed the idea of making Shariah law equal with civil law in some cases. Many European countries are already on the verge of capitulation to the Islamists.”
What about the United States? Will “the land of the free and the home of the brave” escape Europe’s fate and learn from their mistakes? Or will we listen to the siren song of the left and “moderate” islamists (no such thing!) and blindly stumble toward the multi-cultural and tolerant door that leads to oblivion?
Frank Gaffney, founder and president of The Center For Security Policy has written an excellent book, “Shariah, The Threat to America” which warns that “U.S. leaders have failed to perceive – let alone respond effectively to – the real progress being made by the Muslim Brotherhood in insinuating shariah into the very heartland of America through stealthy means.”
The U.S. legal system is not immune. In the book there is the egregious example of a Muslim woman whose request for a restraining order against her Moroccan husband who had serially tortured and raped her was denied by New Jersey family court Judge Joseph Charles. The judge ruled on the grounds that the abusive husband had acted according to his Muslim (shariah) beliefs, and thus not with criminal intent. Fortunately the New Jersey Appellate court overturned the ruling. Gaffney’s book also explains the danger of Shariah-Compliant Finance or Islamic Banking. Check out the website: Shariah Financial Watch.
• Islam is being injected into our public schools through curricula and field trips. If any other religion tried this, there would be immediate screams of “separation of church and state”! Guess it doesn’t count when it’s separation of mosque and state – oops – forgot that in Islam no such separation exists or is allowed to exist.
• In my article of the week, Obama Administration Bans the Truth About Islam and Jihad, Islamic history scholar, Robert Spencer reports that the Department of Justice will remove all references to Islam in connection with any examination of Islamic jihad terror activity. He quotes Dwight C. Holton, former U.S. Attorney for the District of Oregon, “I want to be perfectly clear about this: training materials that portray Islam as a religion of violence or with a tendency towards violence are wrong, they are offensive, and they are contrary to everything that this president, this attorney general and Department of Justice stands for. They will not be tolerated.”
• In the space of one week two hotels: the Hyatt Hotel in Sugar Land, Texas, near Houston and the Hutton Hotel in Nashville, TN cancelled events by groups opposed to Shariah in America out of fear the event could attract protests and disrupt business. What about freedom of speech? It may be on its way out if certain lawyers and lobbyists have their way.
Top Justice Department officials convened a meeting Wednesday where invited Islamist advocates lobbied them for cutbacks in anti-terror funding, changes in agents’ training manuals, additional curbs on investigators and a legal declaration that U.S. citizens’ criticism of Islam constitutes racial discrimination. The Justice Department’s “civil rights lawyers are top of the line — I say this with utter honesty — I know they can come up with a way” to redefine criticism as discrimination, said Sahar Aziz, a female Egyptian-American lawyer.
A blog like mine might one day be condemned as “racial discrimination” and “hate speech”. That day may come sooner rather than later as the U.S. leadership wanders deeper and deeper into the shadowy world known as …. The Shariah Zone.
Back in 1995 an Israeli political leader penned the following words, “The release of convicted terrorists before they have served their full sentences seems like an easy and tempting way of defusing blackmail situations in which innocent people may lose their lives, but its utility is momentary at best.
“Prisoner releases only embolden terrorists by giving them the feeling that even if they are caught, their punishment will be brief. Worse, by leading terrorists to think such demands are likely to be met, they encourage precisely the terrorist blackmail they are supposed to defuse.”
That writer, if he were Prime Minister and faced with the kidnapping of one of his soldiers by Hamas terrorists in Gaza, would have appeared on television and announced that all food, water, electricity and other goods that had been flowing into Gaza would be stopped until the soldier was released. He would have announced that, should anything happen to the soldier, the consequences to Gaza would be devastating.
That leader was Benjamin Netanyahu. Only now, instead of standing firm for the courage of his convictions, he has capitulated to Hamas and struck a deal with them for the release of one Israeli captive, Gilad Schalit. Schalit was abducted in a cross-border raid while serving in a tank unit near the Gaza Strip and has been held, virtually without contact to the outside world, for five years. Israeli left-wing media during those five years waged an unremitting battle, blaming the Israeli government for his plight and emphasizing the suffering of his family. Only surrender to Hamas would suffice – nothing less. To the media, heroism was no longer important; in fact, it was the remnant of a more barbarous age. Now only sensitivity counts. In fact what they were doing is confusing the micro (feelings of the family) with the macro (what’s good for the country as a whole). That’s fine for ordinary people. All of us were concerned for Gilad Schalit and all of us sympathized with his long-suffering family. But it’s not alright for a government to think and act in those terms. Our leaders are entrusted with the duty of defending the nation as a whole.
So, while on a micro level, all of us are overjoyed at the prospect of Gilad Schalit coming home today (Tuesday), on a macro level many of us are horrified at the price our government has agreed to pay:
In return for Gilad Schalit’s freedom Israel has agreed to release 1027 Palestinian prisoners in two stages: 450 men plus 27 women in the first stage and 550 men in the second, approximately two months later. What makes this deal so problematic is the following:
1. The sheer number of Palestinian terrorists being released represents a victory for Hamas. The huge celebrations being held by both Hamas and the PA should tell us something.
2. Many of the terrorists being released have blood on their hands. They are directly responsible for the deaths of Israelis. Among those to be released in the first stage are 279 prisoners sentenced to life imprisonment. Families who lost loved ones feel completely betrayed by their government as they imagine seeing the killers smiling from their busses holding up the V sign for victory. According to Dan Greenfied (Sultan Knish), “The Shalit deal will release some of the worst murderers in Israeli history, including those responsible for the Dolphinarium disco bombing which killed over a dozen teenagers, the Sbarro pizza bombing which wiped out an entire family, the lynchers of two Israeli reservists and the Passover Massacre at the Park Hotel.”
3. The prisoner swap will encourage more terrorism. Why not kill as many Jews as you can if you know that you’ve got a “get out of jail free” card waiting for you? You’ll most likely only serve a short jail sentence and then return home as a conquering hero.
4. History proves that the majority of those released will go on to attempt further acts of terrorism. For example, Ahlam Tamimi, who drove the terrorist responsible for the 2001 suicide bombing of the Jerusalem Sbarro Pizza Restaurant, when asked whether she regrets the act, responded to a reporter that she was saddened that she could not kill more than 15 Jews. Is anyone naïve enough to think that someone with her attitude won’t return to jihad? While there are those who believe that Israel is much better equipped today to defend itself against terrorist attacks, time will tell whether or not these assertions are true.
It’s Sukkot. We are commanded to rejoice. So let us rejoice that our captive son is coming home. But let us also pray that God will restore some backbone in our spineless leadership so that the rest of our sons may grow up free and strong.
ONE WINTER a Farmer found a Snake stiff and frozen with cold. He had compassion on it, and taking it up, placed it in his bosom. The Snake was quickly revived by the warmth, and resuming its natural instincts, bit its benefactor, inflicting on him a mortal wound. “Why did you do that? I saved your life!” cried the Farmer with his last breath. Replied the snake, “You fool! A snake will always be a snake!” (Moral in today’s world) Coddling Islam never works. You can have compassion on its practitioners, feed them, clothe them and educate them but in the end they will always bite and devour you. Why? Their religion commands it.
Think I’m being islamophobic? Think again! Today’s version of the above fable could very well be entitled “The West and Islam”. Consider the following:
• Europeans – “the farmers” – have had so much compassion on the Islamic “snakes” that they’ve allowed them into their countries by the millions, reasoning as did the farmer in Aesop’s tale, “If we take them into our bosoms, warm them, feed them enough croissants and good French cheese and give them subsidies for each of their four wives and twenty-seven offspring…they’ll love us and become just like us. We’ll all live happily ever after in multi-cultural paradise (and we’ll have some cheap labor, too).” Only one problem – A snake will always be a snake! And he is biting and poisoning his gracious host. Large parts of European cities have become vipers’ dens, “no go zones” for non-Muslims where even police and firemen refuse to enter except for emergencies.
• Once upon a time Christians were a majority in many of the countries of the Middle East outside of the Arabian Peninsula. Granted they didn’t take the Muslims up into their bosoms; they were conquered by the sword. Nevertheless, the precarious situation of these indigenous peoples should serve as a warning, showing the world what happens when Islam takes over – and make no mistake about it, the goal of Islam is to bring the entire world under submission to Allah, who is the serpent-in-chief.
You don’t hear much in the mainstream media about the ongoing slaughter of Christians in predominantly Muslim countries or about 100,000 Christians who have had to flee for their lives from Egypt since March, 2011 as a result of the so-called “Arab Spring”. One injustice that has finally gained a modicum of international attention has been the conviction and death sentence of Iranian Pastor Youcef Nadarkhani. His crime? Steadfast refusal to renounce his faith. Additional charges have been added and now Nadarkhani is being charged as “a Zionist, a traitor… committed security crimes.” This is just one case, and because of its notoriety some world leaders are being forced to denounce the mullahs’ theocracy in Teheran. But this is just the tip of the iceberg. Where is the outrage and the outcry over the nameless thousands who are being slaughtered without the “benefit” of a trial? The West, after all, doesn’t want to stir up its own vipers’ nests too much. Someone could get bitten!
• Think America can be the farmer who coddles the snake without being bitten? After all, America is more populous than other countries and has a long tradition of freedom…and we’ve got two oceans to protect us…and, and… excuse after excuse! Sorry, the snakes are among us and they’re beginning to bite, even though at the moment they constitute a small minority of the population. They first strike at those they perceive as “their own” but who hold non-conformist views, who refuse to tow the islamist line. You have probably never heard of Alaa Alsaegh, a poet and US immigrant from Iraq, who lives in Missouri. He is guilty of a great sin against Islam – he loves the Jewish people. His poem, “Tears at the Heart of the Holocaust” appeared in Arabic on the website of Nonie Darwish, ArabsForIsrael.com. The punishment for his transgression? He was viciously attacked in broad daylight on the streets of St. Louis. A group of men cut him off while he was driving and when they succeeded in forcing him to stop, stabbed him once while he was still in his car and then, exposing his back, carved a Jewish star into it while reciting his poem. For the full article please read Sharia Vigilante Street Justice in America. Apparently Mr. Alsaegh is now scared to death and looking for a new home where he can live and write anonymously.
• Finally, you, dear taxpaying friend, along with the rest of the West, which includes the United States, the European Union and Israel, have already been pampering snakes who are preparing to attack. Billions of your hard earned dollars along with those of the Europeans and the Israelis have been given directly or indirectly to the “Palestinians” through foreign aid, medical supplies, building construction, training programs, etc. Israel continues to supply the Palestinians with freshwater every year, 80 percent above what was required of the country in the Oslo Accords. Israel also supplies the Palestinians living in Judea and Samaria with 95% of their electricity and those living in Gaza with 63% of their electricity. Thousands of Palestinians receive medical treatment in Israel on a yearly basis. There are currently 180 pediatric cancer patients from Judea and Samaria in Hadassah Hospital, 50 of whom have received bone-marrow transplants.
What is the reward for all your love and care? Will we see two states living together side-by-side in peace and tranquility? That might be the case were the conflict merely one of territory, a bit of land here, a border adjustment there. But this is not a territorial dispute; it’s a religious one. Islam cannot rest until the infidel (and ultimately this includes you) is either dead or subdued. Period!
Your reward, should the state of Palestine come into existence, will be:
• A Judenrein (free of Jews) state which will be used as a base of operations for attacks on Israel.
• A continuing “refugee” problem. The PA has no intention of resettling the so-called “refugees” into the new state or giving them citizenship. They’re too valuable as weapons against Israel. Palestine’s ambassador to Lebanon, Abdullah Abdullah said, “They are Palestinians, that’s their identity. But … they are not automatically citizens.” This would not only apply to refugees in countries such as Lebanon, Egypt, Syria and Jordan or the other 132 countries where Abdullah says Palestinians reside. Abdullah said that “even Palestinian refugees who are living in [refugee camps] inside the [Palestinian] state, they are still refugees. They will not be considered citizens.”
In other words, according to Middle East expert, David Meir-Levi, “… now, a senior Palestinian official has announced that once they have received a state, most Palestinians will still be stateless – even those who actually live in “Palestine.” Moreover, the new state won’t provide these residents with any services: It expects UNRWA – or, more accurately, the American and European taxpayers, who provide the bulk of that organization’s funding – to continue providing their schooling, healthcare, welfare allowances, etc.”
Yes, you will feed them, house them, educate them, and take care of them when they are sick – and they will still hate you because a snake will always be a snake!